Iconic Windows, Inc. builds custom wood storm windows in our shop in Bryn Mawr, PA. They are simply the most attractive and highest quality storm option available.
Storm windows are a must-have for any old home. The problem is that most storm windows aren't always the most attractive exterior element of your home. We are all familiar with the classic aluminum triple-track storm window and how they can affect the aesthetics of a home. However, there is an alternative: Custom Wood Storm Windows.
- Custom Sized: Our wood storm windows are all custom-built to fit perfectly within the window opening.
- Solid wood: All wood storms are made from solid wood with no finger-joints. The default wood is Eastern White Pine. Upgrade to Spanish Cedar or African Mahogany.
- Old-World Jointery: We only use a true mortise and tenon joint on our storm windows. So the same style of jointery that was used on your windows is what we use to build our wood storm windows.
- Resilient Finish: Shop-applied paint and primer finishes that endure many years of weathering before maintenance is required. A penetrating oil primer is applied to ensure optimal adhesion of the finish.
- Operational Options: We have a few different design options that you can choose to cater to your desired operation of the storm.
- Custom Colors: Your wood storms can be painted with any color you desire, unlike most aluminum storms that offer a very short list of color options. You are also not stuck with that color forever like you are with aluminum storms.
- Low-E glazing available: For an even greater energy-efficent storm window, we offer Low-E glass as an upgrade to reduce solar heat gain.
- Quality Hardware: We use stainless steel storm window hangers and hooks. There is little risk of the hardware ever failing or corroding.
We ship and install our wood storm windows nation-wide. Contact us today to get a quote.